Dental implants kingsville
Learn More About Your Options for Dental Implants!
Welcome to Kingsville Family Dental!
What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants function as an artificial tooth root for missing teeth and are considered the gold standard for missing teeth in dentistry. The Dental Implant procedure involves securing the Dental Implant into the jawbone, which allows it to fuse with the surrounding bone over a duration of a few months.
Dental Implants are extremely secure and stable, assuming good health, maintenance, and proper installation. Once you’ve had your Dental Implants inserted and restored, they should function just like your other normal teeth. Similar to your other teeth, Dental Implants still need to be flossed and brushed in order to maintain strong and health gum support. If maintained properly, Dental Implants should last a very long time and restore both the function and beauty of your smile!
Who Should Consider Dental Implants?
Dental Implants should be considered as a treatment option for anyone with a missing tooth or multiple teeth! However, there are a few qualifications in order to be eligible for Dental Implants, including healthy gums and good bone support (among other reasons that our Dentist will discuss with you).
Here are a few scenerios when Dental Implants may be a great option:
Missing, cracked, deteriorating, or broken teeth that are unable to be repaired
Impaired/difficult speech due to broken or missing teeth
Dentures or Bridges that are causing issues
Dental implants are a viable solution to replace a single tooth, several teeth or even a full mouth of teeth. Dental Implants are extremely versatile and can help a wide range of patients who are looking for a tooth replacement treatment option. The purpose of Dental Implants is to restore both the function and aesthetic of your smile with a long-term solution that is comfortable yet functionable.
What is the Process of Getting Dental Implants?
The process for getting Dental Implants varies greatly between each treatment application and even between each patient. Factors such as the number of implants being done, prosthetics being used, location of the implants and the amount of bone/gum tissue present can greatly impact the Dental Implant treatment process. Our Dentist will be able to walk you through the process that will be applicable to your specific case.
However, for educational purposes, let’s walk through a standard Dental Implant case.
1. Initial Consultation – The first step will involve yo visiting the dentist for a consultation which will include an examination, treatment options presentation, questions, and financial optons.
2. Tooth Extraction – If necessary, the existing problem teeth will be removed as part of the treatment plan
3. Implant Placement – Your Dental Implant can now be surgically placed into your jawbone according to plan
4. Healing – A period of healing is required to allow the Implant to integrate with your jawbone
5. Restoration – After sufficient healing has taken place, your Implant can now be restored with a Crown, Bridge, Denture, etc!
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
As the Gold Standard for tooth replacement treatment, Dental Implants bring many benefits to the table. Let’s go over a few of the most common Dental Implant benefits.
- Durability: Assuming proper installation and maintenance, Dental implants can be extremely durable and are designed to provide a strong foundational support for many years, if not decades. With regular care and routine dental visits, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Appearance: Dental Implants allow you to replace missing, damaged, or misaligned teeth. This inevitabely leads to an improved appearance and adds beauty to your smile. Improved self-esteem and confidence are also part of the benefits of dental implants.
- Comfort: Once completed, Dental Implants will feel exactly like your other teeth and should not have issues with coming loose or moving during meals or speaking. This improved level of comfort will allow you to return to your life as normal, without having to worry about your tooth being a nuisance.
- Improved Speech: Missing teeth, damaged teeth, and dentures can all be a hindrance to your speech. Dental Implants help to restore the function of your tooth, as well as your speech. When you don’t have to worry about your teeth moving, life becomes a lot easier!
- Convenience: Once your Dental Implants have healed, you will be able to eat, speak, and maintain your teeth like normal again. You no longer have to worry about slurring speech, moving dentures, missing teeth, food getting stuck, or chewing issues. Dental Implants solve a lot of problems!
Dental Implant Treatment Types
What are the Different Types of Dental Implant Treatments?
There are many different Dental Implant Treatment types and each one has their own best-case application. Our Dentists at Kingsville Family Dental will be able to assess your oral health condition, provide treatment options, and answer any questions you may have! Let’s go over a few of the main types of Dental Implant Treatments and their applications.
1. Regular Dental Implants (Single or Multiple)
Regular Dental Implants are very straightforward and involve one, or multiple, teeth being replaced by an Implant. These standard Dental Implant cases are typically restored with a Dental Crown to bring the tooth back its natural function and appearance.
2. Implant Supported Bridge
An Implant Supported Bridge involves placing Dental Implants on either side of a tooth gap and then restoring it with a Dental Bridge. This method is similar to a regular single Dental Implant, but the tooth gap in the middle will not receive a Dental Implant.
3. Implant Supported Denture
An Implant Supported (or retained) Denture involves replacing a full arch of teeth by placing multiple Dental Implants to secure the denture in place. Having your denture secured in place means you will no longer have to deal with your dentures slipping, clicking, or falling out!
Which Dental Implants option is right for you? Our Dentists will be able to walk you through your options at your Consultation for Dental Implants. At this time, you may also ask any questions you have about the treatment, process, or outcomes as well. Feel free to give us a call when you’re ready to get started on your Dental Implants journey.